Ten dangerous types of migraine to know
Women are most likely to suffer from migraines. Women are three times more prone to migraine attack than men.
Modern life can really be a headache with stress overload. Most people with migraine headache feel the pain in behind eye, ear or any part of the head can be involved.
Types of migraines;
1. Migraine with aura, called classic migraine, include visual disturbances and other neurological symptoms that appear about 20 to 40 minutes before the actual headache and usually last no more than one & Two hour.
2. Migraine without aura, common migraine is the more frequent and moderate to severe form of migraine. Symptoms include headache pain that occurs without warning and usually felt on one side of the head increased with sensitivity of light, sound, noise.
3. Ophthalmoplegic migraine is an uncommon form of migraine with head pain, along with eyelid, and double vision occurs that may last for weeks, but afterwards it will be normal.
4. Retinal migraine is a condition of attack of visual loss or disturbances in one eye. This attack is like the more common in form of visual aura type.
5. Migraine without headache is characterized by visual problems or other aura symptoms, vomiting rather than severe head pain.
6. Abdominal migraine mostly affects young children and involve moderate to severe pain in the middle of the abdomen lasting 2 to 70 hours, with little or no headache. Many children who suffers from abdominal migraine may have chance of repetition of same problems in life afterwards.
7. Basilar-type migraine mainly affects children & teenage girls associated with their menstrual cycle.
8. Cluster Headaches; most of the cluster headache sufferers are men with onset between ages of 10-70 .These attacks are severe around the eye or along the side of the head.
9. Tension-type Headache has known as muscle contraction headache. Tension-type headache that occurs frequently or daily basis are classified as chronic tension-type headaches which is a last stage condition.
10.Chronic Migraine is a distinct and recently defined of daily Chronic Headache.Chronic migraine happens for more than fifteen and seventeen headache days per month in semiannual basis period of which more than eight types are migrainous.